• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects into Powerpoint - maintain RGB colour values?

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a few intro/cover movies for some presentations in Powerpoint and the clients are very particuar about their corporate colours. (And before anybody says it, yes i know, Powerpoint isn't my choice but they like to edit text!)
It's a very graphic style with lots of solids etc - they're all set up to the correct RGB but on export there's always a shift. How do i get a straight RGB to RGB export? I've tried every setting and they're always washed out. (I tried exporting to .psd to check the colours and they're perfect that way) Please can someone tell me the settings i need? Obviously i'm also slightly limited by what Powerpoint will import.
Any help gratefully received!

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There's nothing you can do. PowerPoint is not color managed and that's where all attempts of getting this perfect are doomed to failure. Video in particular is critical, since on top of the lack of CM it is played by the embedded media player component, which can be mistweaked in a million ways. Just watching a video outside PP and cranking up brightness can completely screw you, because those settings stick globally, not to speak of customizations in the graphics driver also affecting the behavior of overlay drawing. See how this turns into a domino of cascading issues? At best you can adjust your footage by tweaking your colors with an adjustment so they look correct on exactly a handful of computers where no tweaks or adjustments have been applied, but otherwise this is a hopeless case. Even in a scenario where you may be able to get it right e.g. on a CEO's laptop, there's still the chance the colors shift when he plugs this on to an external beamer or different screen. Such is the nature of Office presentations. So rather trying to fix the unfixable, be upfront about it and offer them (paid) long-term assistance and possibly a hands on training so they at least don't mess up things you have meticulously adjusted to look right under very specific conditions.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines