Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects is getting worse each version

Explorer ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Community,

That ram preview is not realtime guaranteed as it used to be up to the cc-version was a hard pill to swallow especially since this should be one of the basic features of an animation program, but I guess it is more important that we all can hold hands via social media now about keyframes and all our projects in the cloud as if anyone would have wanted that to happen. 

But anyway: there used to be the feature, that if you hit "Num - Zero (0)" twice while ram preview was caching you would get the chance to see your ram-preview before it rendered entirely to the end of the work area. Which was a very thoughtful feature, since you DO NOT want to adjust your workspace everytime you want to see something new... but this feature is gone now since AE2020 if I call correctly... by the way adobe: how about Calling After Effects 2021 After Effects V18? So people dont get confused and have to look up everytime the corresponding version.

I sometimes wonder whats going on over there... the program seems to get worse. Core features are being messed with. OG Animators like myself are disappointed about this lack of selfconsciousness on Adobes side. And do believe, I am not alone on this. Lets make AE realtime again. And bring back the double Zero. Thank you!

Cheerio H

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd start elsewhere with renovating AE, but it is a fair point. The program is pretty crappy at the moment not just because previews don't work reliably...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 04, 2022 Jun 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There's so many things wrong with After Effects, and you're right - it's worse every version. 

I think Adobe are a disgraceful company that are completely uninterested in improving their products and put zero effort into communicating with users, or addresssing our needs.  I would go as far as to say that Adobe shows blatant disrespect for us - all they can be bothered with is chasing those subsrcriptions. I'm putting the effort into learning Blender, because AE is the only thing keeping me on CC and I don't want them to have any more of my money 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines