• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects is unbelievably slow on M1 Macbook

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2021 Jul 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, I have been using AE for 3 years. I was using a windows PC in the beginings of my experience which had 16 GB ram and i7 intel CPU. 4 months ago I switched my system into Apple and I was expecting a relief on my workflow, but I have exteremely disappointed. AE runs slower than my 5-year-old PC. Previews are ridiculously slow, renders are boring. Last day I worked on a small 20-25 sec. footage, on which just I applied an camera blur with automation, it took about 1 hour to work and render the file.

Does anybody know when will the optimization arrives? Because I'm not getting what I pay for.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's ridiculous. I'm trying to Ram preview a vector clipboard moving up 600 pixels and a page turn and it's came to a grinding halt. Had to restart After Effects.

Time to move back to PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest AE Version for m1 seems to work pretty fine in my cases so far. But I only use  plugins who are optimised for m1.

Working with Blender does work, but a bit unstable and the rendering is much slower than on my rtx 3070 pc laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2023 Jul 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I hope this helps, I was trying to rotoscope clips in premiere pre using the dynamic link, having big problems, I was getting warnings about the framerate,  I tried multiple methods that I found on youtube, and it still super laggy and i was left with a poorly rendered clip... Until i used this method! I first of all created a proxy for all my clips in premiere pro, then created a duplicate of the clip that i wanted to to rotoscope, then I turned off all the effects of the clip apart from motion i then nested the clip and proceeded to click replace clip with aftereffects composition... in after effects i chose the composition in the project window and created another proxy in after effects, then precomposed the clip, and after that rotoscoping worked seamlessly like in seconds it was done and i the chose to freeze it and went back to premiere pro and the clip was rotoscoped and working seamlessly... I'm on a 16gb M1 btw! I made a video and posted it on youtube hopefully this will help a lot of people from jumping through hoops or looking to upgrade their computer! https://youtu.be/izOS89KW4xI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines