• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After effects keeps shutting down on start up giving me the error code 0xc0000142

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried watching three youtube videos trying to fix the error code but nothing has worked so far. I tried uninstalling then reinstalling, force-quitting before the error message opens, messing with my security settings, looking at the properties (nothing out of the ordinary), and restarting my computer. I booted it up while looking at task manager and it says "Suspended" next to the application then the error pops up, and it dies when I hit ok. It could be that some hardware is out of date but Premiere runs fine. My specs are below.

ThunderCheeks_0-1649459939901.png

Here are my PC Specs

CPU: Quad-core AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition running at 3.4 GHz
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7770
RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600mhz
Motherboard: ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start by investigating the actual crash cause in the event viewer.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It gave me this information 

Faulting application name: AfterFX.exe, version: 22.2.1.3, time stamp: 0x62201934
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1566, time stamp: 0x0833f2d4
Exception code: 0xe06d7363
Fault offset: 0x0000000000034f69
Faulting process id: 0x2954
Faulting application start time: 0x01d84e0277e9e89e
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects 2022\Support Files\AfterFX.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: bc0039a2-c083-4579-a082-c78843ecaf6e
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kernelbase errors indicate security and permissions issues. As a start, try to launch the app with escalated privileges as admin (right-click --> run as administrator). Also consider booting into safe mode and while there run a system status check from your Windows Update system panel. Perhaps some update is borked or missing and/ or a newer driver for one of your components available. Same for doing a righ-click --> Check for new drivers in device manager.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please check out the following article and see if it helps: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-discussions/faq-how-to-fix-common-after-effects-crashes...

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines