Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

after effects logged one error: warning the file could not be found

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone!

I've been using Adobe After Effects 2020 (Version 17.0.6 (Build 35) on a 2017 Macbook for years now and for a while I had been getting a notification that said "your disk cache folder is on a drive that does not have enough available space to safely store the full amount specified in your preferences". I got this notif for around a month, and for a while it did not affect my renders so I did not try to fix the issue.

Until tonight when i tried rendering my project and the render failed (with the goat noise ofc) and came up with the second notif. sometimes when i would finish rendering my projects that notif would come up, but the project would be fine with no issues. when i got that notif tonight, the project render would stop 2 seconds in. 

btw i always clear my cache completely by going into the media cache file section of my after effects. if anyone needs any more info about my after effects or computer or anything pls lmk!! im really desperate. #alabastamomentScreen Shot 2021-04-14 at 10.53.09 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-04-14 at 9.36.34 PM.png

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also if worst comes to worst i will uninstall after effects and reinstall everything. 

also ALSO if it makes any difference im using the plugins twitch, twixtor, magic bullet looks, and reel smart motion blur on my project. i dont think that's the issue though, it's def something with my cache

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

update: i went and cleared a lot of storage off my macbook and cleared a lot of cache. i mean a lot, i had cache in folders from 2019 in my computer that i didnt even know about until today. i think the location of the disk cache folder might be wrong, here's a screenshot of what it looks like. is the location wrong? please help if u can, thank you

Screen Shot 2021-04-15 at 1.16.22 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2022 Aug 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Do u solve it!!!!??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have solved this problem than please tell how me how to do so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just removed all the effects and everything worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2022 Dec 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bruh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So basically you mean if i clear my disk cache and database the problem will get solved 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines