Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects not saving?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

So, the After Effects project I've been working on won't save. Autosave is on, but I only now realized that it has not been working? The program is fine/responding perfectly, other than that every time I click save (or any variation of saving) it doesn't do anything. There seems to be plenty of storage on my computer, and even if I try to save it to an external drive (where I have saved things before), there is no luck.

Does anyone know why this might be or if there are any other workarounds I could use so that I don't lose all my work? 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In edit - preferences - auto save can you see a location for the file? 🤔

And do you not see a file path across the very top of the screen beside the small AE logo? 😮🤔 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I do see the autosave file path. There are not any saved files in that location.

Hmm... no, I don't see a file path across the top of the screen. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if you press file - save as ... or file - save a copy... what happens? 😮 

Also are you synced to creative cloud folder? 😮🤔

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing happens. I press save as, it prompts me to selections a name and folder,  I click ok. Then it briefly seems to be processing the save but then it remains unsaved and there are no files in the locations to which I saved. 

Hmmm.. maybe? I'm pretty unfamiliar with the creative cloud folder and don't usually use it... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well maybe fi d the creative cloud folder and hace a look 😮 this is not sounding good 😫

Can it maybe even export as a premier pro project? 😮

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my project, it says that settings are synced. In the creative cloud app, it says file syncing. But in the folder, there is nothing.

I tried exporting as a premier pro project but get an error 5027::12...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully someone can jump in here maybe adobe themselves ive looked around and not yet found a solution... im only looking at exporting as an emergency to try save your project so you can reboot or even reinstall.... i was also just looking at exporting as xml and aaf (from the school of motion website says its for going between different softwares) see if they work?

But really i have no clue after that 😫😢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just found for future reference if you can export a comp through media encoder it will actually make an AE project file (with the comp being exported) in the appdata/temp folder ... 🤔

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently experiencing this same issue. I just updated and now when I try to save, I hit save and literally nothing happens. Can't find any possible way to save. Very frustrating to say the least.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has just happened to me. Lost a day of complex work. How can I stop this from happening again? It's really bad for workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is also happening to me after just updating to the latest (22.5). Absolutely nothing happening when I click 'Save' or 'Save As' and can't find ANY workaround whatsoever. Can't even render my composition in AE or Encoder... INFURIATING! 

Does anyone have a solution? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same issue. Has there been a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines