Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects or Premiere

Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2018 Mar 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am hoping someone can tell me which program I should purchase. I am unfamiliar with Adobe products, hobby photographer/editor, so I don’t know for sure what program,if any, would work best for what I am trying to create.

I have multiple pictures from my sons birth that I would like to make a parallax/ Cinemagraph / or slideshow.. that appears to be a realistic video. I’m not sure if there is a way to combine multiple images and animate parts of each image to make a fairly seamless video transition between the images.

A normal slideshow doesn’t transition the pictures in a way that makes it look like a video captured in the moment.

If it is possible, which Adobe product would be best or do you have any tips on how I may be able to create something like this? It would be short ”videos” that I would create using between 3-10 different images with slight movement like a hand or finger, blinking, smile, hair movement or something to make it reealistic.

Thank you for your time and help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 25, 2018 Mar 25, 2018

Sounds like you’ll need After Effects and Photoshop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want fancy stuf such as parallax Ae is the way to go.

Lots of templates on Videohive.

Please do not double post.

Deleted the other post in Premiere forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m not sure what would make the pictures most life like/realistic video.

I’ve tried searching for something showing someone taking multiple still images and either using them in the same cinemagraph/parallax/slideshows it haven’t had any luck.

I don’t know the capabilities of either program. Or if what I’m trying to do is possible. My goal isn’t fancy, just want to compile some images to

transition seamlessly to make it like a true video .. and hopefully be able to create blinking or slight movement.

Is this possible with either program? the traditional slide show doesn’t work since it appears as if your flipping through a photo album.. hoping there is some way to make them appear more lifelike/recorded in the moment.

Would after effects do this? Can you use more than one image in a parallax? Do you have to have a small video clip to make a Cinemagrap? Sorrry for double posting and all the questions, I have zero experience with this and hoping for someone to let me know the capability of the programs.. I’m pretty good at self teaching but I want to be sure I don’t waste money or time on trying to make something that may not be possible.

Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you’ll need After Effects and Photoshop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects is a very complex application that really takes a long time to master, and needs constant use to stay sharp in, and requires access to and expertise in Photoshop and in my view Premier Pro.  if you want to take the time and money to do that go for it, just realize it's a long road..  If you only have one project in mind I'd look for someone who you could pay if you can't get what you want from one of the prosumer applications.

Premiere Pro is much faster to learn. 

The honest answer to your question is to shoot video, stills are stills. Some fads come and go, the last one was to select mask, clone and make three layers, put them in 3D, then rotate a camera around them.  To me it just looks fake.  You want video, shoot video. That's what a friend would describe as "the dog poop facts of life". 

Stills? You can move on them, or do other tricks.  CBS national news is doing some very interesting stuff now with selections, layers, filters, camera movement and other tricks with stills that looks good, watch that for ideas, but I suspect it's Ae work.  In my opinion in video something has to move in every frame.  It can be text, a soft pull, or a pan, but if something does not move it's a slide show.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I’ll check into it! I don’t know anyone that could do it so I’m hoping to figure it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines