• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects Presets (aom)

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello - I am trying to create a preset in After Effects to share with others, but when I create the preset I navigate to the location where it should be saved and nothing is there:

Local Drive\Users\firstnamelastname\Documents\Adobe\After Effects 2022\User Presets

I see other presets I've created in CC 2019 here:

Local Drive\Users\firstnamelastname\Documents\Adobe\After Effects CC 2019\User Presets

Did the location change? Or is it not possible to create .aom files anymore?

Help!

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 05, 2022 Mar 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if .aom is still around, but I would just make a .ffx preset if you can. It is very easy to share, people can just drag it into there presets folder.

~Jake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking for a render preset - not an animation preset - any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologize, render presets are usually .epr or .mpbs files I think. You can locate them in C:\Users\[name]\Documents\Adobe\Adobe Media Encoder\22.0\Presets

~Jake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

.epr files are usually created via Media Encoder and/or Premiere... whereas .aom files are presets for After Effects. I have tried to create one in Encoder and Premiere as epr and changed the extension to aom with no luck. I have also tried to import an epr into After Effects and it does not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

to add - my presets are not in the folder you highlighted - hence my post here! any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are rendering inside AE, then I assume you mean to create a render settings preset. I found away to do this with .ars files. Add something to your render queue and use your render settings on this comp. Then go to Edit > Templates > Render Settings and you can click "Save All" and save the .ars file to somewhere accessible. Then you can transport this file and people can use it the same way you saved it, instead clicking "Load".

~Jake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2024 Mar 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I've got the same problem, because I want to sync the Output Modules over the network.
Di you ever find a solution @meganduca ?

Greetings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines