• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects preventing me from clicking and using Windows

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I'm using After Effects to animate some characters with the puppet tool, and everytime I open the software, give it a few minutes, and all of a sudden, my mouse clicks and pen tablet clicks aren't working, that happens not only to AE, but everything that I have open on my PC freezes as well, only fix is Alt+F4 out of AE then Ctrl+Alt+Del my way back into propper function. It only happens after booting After Effects, and I always have to force my way out of the software. It anoys the living s**t out of me.

Anyone knows how to get rid of this?

Setup:

Windows 11

RTX 3060 6Gb

Intel i7 11800H 2.30GHz

64bit OS

24Gb Ram

2Tb SSD

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , FAQ , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey GeNetto,

Sorry about the issue. Are you having this issue with all projects or a particular project? Which version of After Effects are you currently using? Does AE create any crash logs after it crashes? Also, are you using the most recent version of Nvidia Studio Drivers? Let us know. We're here to help. 

Thanks,

Ishan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn`t really crash, at least it doesn`t look like it crashed, it only messes up the clicking and interaction with the Windows menus.

It doesn`t have any crash logs, and my drives are all up to date as well. 

It does happen with every single project I work on, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This sounds like an issue I has having.  It turned out in my case to be a Windows 11 problem rather than AE. I updated Windows through system update and the problem went away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ho wmuch RAM do tyou have allocated to After Effects?

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines