• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects Render Artifacts

Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been working on a project and rendering out several sequences combining animation, videos and still photos. I need to render them with alpha channels, as they usually overlay onto other footage. The renders have been fine up to around yesterday, and now every single one has this weird pixellation happening across the screen.

mitchellk87251422_0-1675911966325.png

I'm not even sure if it's visible there, but it's like rows of pixels that pop in for just a frame or two, then disappear, but it happens consistently through the render.

I'm rendering with RGB+Alpha using Apple Pro Res 444. I've tried clearing my cache, going up to 16 and 32 bit, taking my sections out of precompositions. I don't know what else to try. I don't know why this is suddenly happening now, all of my other renders have been fine.

I really hope someone has a solution! I don't know what to do!

Thank you

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

I used Edit > Purge > All Memory and Disc Cache before each render.

There were a couple times it didn't work, but when it didn't I would restart my computer, try again, and it seemed to be fine from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you have many different types of assets this might be difficult to identify. Did you render with the Render Queue or Adobe Media Encoder? Which version of After Effects are you using?
Have you tried hiding certian layers and rendering again to identfiy what causes it. Does it always occur at the same time in the video?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the render queue, my version of After Effects is 17.1. I know this is an old version, but my computer is quite old and I can't update it anymore.

I've rendered out several versions, trying to identify which layer it could be assosiated with, but so far no luck.

It seems to occur when something else appears on screen, and then flickers throughout.

I've rendered dozens of these sequences with no issue, and now every render I make has these little pixelated lines. I haven't changed any settings since the clean versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does all of your imported footage have the same frame rate? Were there any changes to your computer system to the point before this started to happen? Please post your exact specifications. AE version, OS, graphics card(s), RAM etc. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like I've solved the problem. I've been clearing my cache before each render, and it seems to be working for me now.

Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@mitchellk87251422 Glad to hear you found a solution! Just to make it clear for everybody reading this thread. Did keeping the cache solve the issue or deleting the chache?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used Edit > Purge > All Memory and Disc Cache before each render.

There were a couple times it didn't work, but when it didn't I would restart my computer, try again, and it seemed to be fine from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you please nonetheless log this in the bug section of the After Effects Support Community so the AE team can see that you had problems with that, thanks. Here is the link: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/ct-p/ct-after-effects?page=1&sort=latest_replies&filter...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sure thing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines