Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects Render Fail

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm having difficulty rendering out a small video I am making.

I will press render in AE and it takes 5 secs before I hear a Sheep noise. The finished video is 0.00 seconds long and is saved to my chosen destination. The information is the render queue says failed at 0:00.

I've attached screenshots below on what's happening. Any ideas?

Im running Mac OS High Sierra Version 10.13.1

After Effects CC Version 15.0.0 (Build 180)

Screen Shot 2017-12-14 at 08.03.41.pngScreen Shot 2017-12-14 at 08.03.54.png

Thanks!

Izaak

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Have you checked Render Settings and Work Area? It is pretty easy to hit the N key when you are at the first frame so the work area is now one frame. The default Render Setting is to just include the Work Area. I don't see any error messages in your screenshots.

Screenshot_2018-10-23 11.24.52_ZJUNRE.png

Are you still getting the "Baaaa" sound? Have you tried turning off all effects or turning off layers? What happens if you change the comp settings to the default HDTV setting that matches your frame rate? What happens if you make a new c

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start by trying to renderi to a different format likle H.264 via AME. Also convert the MP3 file to an AIFF.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No joy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Ae project has fifteen .psd layers and one .mov (green screen) video.... does the .mov need to be converted?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the EXACT same issue!  HELP someone, HELP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No workflow details or system details = no way to have any idea at all what is going on. You won't find a solution to the problem without telling us what you are doing. You might as well ask "Why is watermelon?" Without more info, there is no answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Rick+Gerard  wrote

"Why is watermelon?"

Because Cucumber.

All these media conversion suggestions are good- also see if there are any of your elements that could be pre-rendered and brought back in, it seems you have a lot of layers going on. Lastly, render your final output to an image sequence, at least temporarily while troubleshooting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think my problem is/was Apple/Adobe no longer supporting Quicktime screen capture video (.MOV)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like a good thing to explore. Try converting your footage using Handbrake.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks everyone for trying to help!  Even the Watermelon suggestion.

-I downloaded Handbrake, converted the Quicktime .MOV file to .mp4

-imported the .mp4 clip into original Ae project, deleted the .MOV clip, and re-edited

-exported final Ae project to Media Encoder tried to render as H.264/mp4

Same result.... super fast encode, output is a single still frame 00.00.00

I've even heard people's entire video b-roll/Getty/ video are now unsupported

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your main comp timeline is more than 1 frames long?

( Seems silly but its happened to me before )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked Render Settings and Work Area? It is pretty easy to hit the N key when you are at the first frame so the work area is now one frame. The default Render Setting is to just include the Work Area. I don't see any error messages in your screenshots.

Screenshot_2018-10-23 11.24.52_ZJUNRE.png

Are you still getting the "Baaaa" sound? Have you tried turning off all effects or turning off layers? What happens if you change the comp settings to the default HDTV setting that matches your frame rate? What happens if you make a new comp with the default settings and only put your footage in the comp? What happens if you try and export a frame as a PSD? What happens if you try and export an image sequence using one of the presets in the Output Module?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick you solved it!  My work area was a second long.  I'd NEVER have guessed!  I was down the rabbit hole of file formats, Apple-Adobe compatibility wars....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(well, my issue is solved)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

its still not working for my sadly, its making the 'Baaa' sound for me as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines