• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects Script "Local Hero" "can't set.." to disk on Mac(Monterey) - works without SIP

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2022 Jul 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to use a script called Local Hero for After Effects. The script is supposed map network files back and forth between network and local. Making it easy to work locally and then push the Afx file to the network and map the correct path back on the network. 

https://aescripts.com/local-hero/

BUT! it doesnt work. When it runs and tries to save a file locally I get the error "cant set [filename]" . It seems it or After Effects isnt allowed to set or write to disk. I have made all the settings for Afx scripts to write to disk and also in the security settings for After Effects to write to the entire disk.

When I turn off System Integrity Protection (SIP) in macOS it works. But this is not viable. It makes the whole system vulnerable. 

What can I do to make "Local Hero" work and let it "set" / "write" files? 

TOPICS
How to , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a Mac issue, not a Local Hero issue from what I can tell. I noticed upgrading AE didn't carry across the right settings, so the permissions needed to be set manually. 

If you want to try reinstalling AE, I believe that should set the permissions correctly out of the gate without needing Full Disk Access. Then any scripts / extensions like Local Hero can read and write files as long as they're allowed to in Preferences > Scripts and Expressions > Allow Writing and Reading to Disk is enalbed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks .. Its a good theory but all my settings are set for writing (full disk etc. ) My friend actually gets the same error on Windows when the file path is very long(might be a 256 limit perhaps) . I really dont know what is wrong. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines