• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects, Track camera unable to obtain dynamic link server connection

Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2014 Apr 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been hit and miss. I am now consistenly getting a dynamic link server connection trying to use Track camera in After Effects.

64GB RAN

Windows 7 proffesional

i7 processor

NVIDIA GEFORCE TITAN

I have enabled all the recommended programs through my firewall. I see the dynamiclink server is running in my task manager, I have closed all other programs, no antivirus, I have restarted my computer, no luck with this.

Also to add additional information:

It seems that when I try to do replace with After Effects composition in Premiere Pro I am getting error: The importer reported a generic error

and also when I first launch After effects I am getting a failure to load a few plugins from CineForm including importer

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Nov 12, 2014 Nov 12, 2014

Wes Plate wrote:

I tried uninstalling with removing preferences and reinstalled. Didn't help.

Did you run Adobe's CC Cleaner tool before you reinstalled? I'm not super-optimistic that it would help, but it's something

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Open up Preferences (Alt/Option + Ctrl/Cmnd +; ) and go to Memory. Set Ram for other applications to 8GB if you have 16 installed. If you have less than 16, then go as high as you can so that Dynamic Link has some resources to use. If you have to cut down on the available ram for AE you'll just have to wait for Camera Tracker to finish up and switch back to at least 8 for AE so you can continue to work efficiently. 

I haven't found a system that this will not work on. Dynamic Link just doesn't

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a mac and don't see the option to "run as administrator" when I right click.  Any thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

export your files in PNG secuence from PREMIERE and import in AE. done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly nothing worked for me that was recommended here for the past 10 years.... My only option was to have a friend solve the 3d camera on their computer and then pass the project back with the camera already created. It seems to be an issue with file directories or security updates local to the computer. I might try a fresh OS install to see if it gets working. I also purchased a Nuke license, which might take over as my compositing tool rather than the nonworking adobe suite products these days. 

Specs

Adobe After Effects Version 23.1.0 (Build 83)

Mac Studio M1 ultra

128 gb RAM (laughed at the 2014 answer to allow more ram)

macOS Ventura 13.2 but the problem started in Catalina.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: Dynamic link still doesn't work on my system even after the recent updates adobe rolled out. On the other hand Nuke by Foundry has been very easy to learn and has many more built-in tools that work. I was honestly only using AE because of the dynamic link capabilities with Premiere, but now that the dynamic link does not work, I can explore other software. Every day I learn more about Nuke workflows, the Adobe suite starts to look like kid pix or a program for influencers and not for professionals. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2023 Mar 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case, I fixed it by disabling the Windows Defender Firewall for private networks. I don't recommend doing this, but rather go and find "Adobe Analysis Server.exe" or the executable of the service you are using and whitelisting it on your firewall. To rule this out quickly, you could disable the firewall entirely for a little while.

This worked for me when trying to apply an effect that needed analysis.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 02, 2023 Apr 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick update - After having this issue for a few months and trying everything on this forum on how to fix it (for mac), I solved it. I completely erased my boot drive and re-installed Mac OS. This seemed to solve it for now, but just waiting for it not to work again. The kind of stability Adobe offers is very unprofessional and is very clear in their recent marketing for "hobby" editors. My solution was probably the nuclear option which for some is not possible. Now to install all my drivers and start a new which is a day of work over the weekend so I don't lose more time during the work week on troubleshooting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has worked for me by closing some Adobe processes in the background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2023 Dec 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLUTION FOR ME:

Hey guys, so I was having the same problem, with 3d camera tracker.

And solution for me was removing a plugin that was causing the issue - it was "OCFX.plugin" - GoPro FX Reframe plugin.

Make sure you remove and try one by one plugins from following directory:
/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Plug-ins/7.0/MediaCore

After removing the GoPro plugin, AE is back to normal, so it seems that some plugins interfere with AE native plugins - which is the developer problem, not the Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2024 Mar 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was trying to track a file that was in an external hard drive. Moved it to the internal SSD and its working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines