• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects Transfer Modes not Working.

Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects V23 Build 59

I have a black and white layer of a picture tube with a highlight in the corder put over a solid grey 100% layerNormal.png

When I change the top layer to add you can see it still shows the black even though the black shoudl be gone with an add transfer mode.

Add.png

Similar issue is happening with screenScreen.pngTHIS IS A HUGE BUG. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be useful if the screenshots weren't cropped. Also some system info might help. This could be a hardware acceleration issue. To test try to use software only mode. Also some info on the PSD file would potentially be relevant. Perhaps it's a color profile issue.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

Thanks for writing in.

Is it happening with all the files? Could you try exporting the PSD as JPG/PNG and test? Also, please make sure that the black in PSD file is completely black. You may get this result if your color is slightly gray.

I am moving this thread from Bugs to Discussions for troubleshooting.

Let us know. 

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening for all my layers  Movies, precomps, etc.  Where do I turn off hardware acceleration Im on a mac I dont see that option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I removed the hardware acceleration and went down to 16bit but still the transfer modes are acting really weird, like its uncollapsing the layers even though they are not uncollapsed.  But even a simple test creates weirdness.  Ugh.  Ventura probably is causing something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried it with PNG still the same issue.  It seems to be systemic in this version of AE.  Im just changing to lighten for now but Im gonna have to reconfigure this entire project.  Would making a video of it help?  I am a very expereinced AE user, since it was COSA so this is not a newbie making this comment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it does stem from something PSD files is some way, even when I get rid of all the layers and re-import they are not working correctly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I uninstalled and reinstalled AE again and the issue seems to be gone.  I will keep you posted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines