• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects UPDATED Menu Command-ID List

Explorer ,
Oct 03, 2020 Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For uses of scripting , both David Torno & AE-Enhancers community had the time and efford to publish these on their own, for helping users into their ExtendScript scripts coding and tool development.

But unfortunately many of the commands are still unkown and these lists are not updated since AE (12.2.1x5).

Does Adobe has an official guide / PDF or public acess to give users support into acessing all these commands to improve AE? Or even plans to publish one in the near future?

Adobe After Effects ACP & Digital Compositor
TOPICS
Expressions , How to , Resources , Scripting , SDK , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 03, 2020 Oct 03, 2020

find any command id by name like so:
id = app.findMenuCommandId("copy");

command numbers change from time to time, so it might be good practice to aquire dynamically.

more info on the subject:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/i-need-your-help-to-get-a-specific-menu-command-id-in-various-ae-versions/td-p/8702554?page=1

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

find any command id by name like so:
id = app.findMenuCommandId("copy");

command numbers change from time to time, so it might be good practice to aquire dynamically.

more info on the subject:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/i-need-your-help-to-get-a-specific-menu-command-id-in-v...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I would also recommend not learning the commands by the numbers, as it can change over different AE versions. My preferences is to use this version independent way:

app.executeCommand(app.findMenuCommandId("Close Project"));

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shachar, Nathan, thanks both for your quick and response and precisous help.

Nathan, its a small world, since i follow your youtube channel, and a few days ago you posted a nice 3 code script that ALMOST 🙂 does what i wanted.

These command ID´s and names from what i understand, only work,, well... for AE menu commands. To be specific, what im looking is a "sub command" not existent in the main menu. In this case "Close Other Panels in Group" or "Close Other Panels in Timeline" - These both in the timeline panel options . or "Close Other Comp Views" in the drop down of the composition panel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated this one fairly recently in case you haven't seen it:

https://bitbucket.org/justin2taylor/workspace/snippets/aLjjBE

And no, there's no offical list but you can find commands as Shachar mentioned with app.findMenuCommandId().

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated the seachable Command ID list for AE 2022:

https://hyperbrew.co/blog/after-effects-command-ids/

after-effects-cmd-ids.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Justin 🙂
Wow! Thats a great help. Both your repository and hyperbrew site are incrible useful.
Unfortunately there is still no command-list or even keyboard shortcut for the option/command i was talking about. The "Close Other Panels in Group" or "Close Other Timeline Panels".
Maybe in AE CC2032, since maybe im the only dude that find this useful!

Cheers and thanks once again to all that responded into my issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure thing! Will be posting more scripting resources on there soon.

And that's too bad there's no existing command ID for "Close Other Panels in Group" or "Close Other Timeline Panels". Hopefully it will be added soon 🤞.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is INCREDIBLE!!!! Thank you so much!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sure thing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines