New Here ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have PC with

Intel i7-7700 CPU,

RAM 16 GB

AMD Radeon RX 580 Series.

When i render video in After Effects, it uses only CPU. While rendering CPU rises from 4% to 70% but GPU stands at 4%. I found some solutions: changed File > Project Settings > Video Rendering and Effects and put to use Mercury GPU Acceleration instead of Mercury Software Only. However it does not help. Any ideas ? I have installed all drivers After Effects sees my GPU.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You have a wrong understanding of how this works. Very little stuff in AE is actually GPU accelerated and for final rendering stuff liek accelerated previews wouldn't even come into play. Likewise, effects simply may fall back to CPU rendering due to how the project is constructed and exceeds GPU resources and/ or a combination of specific features prevents GPU usage. And finally GPU rendering itself is limited to a few formats like MP4/ H.264 or some flavors of ProRes. So what you are seeing is likely perfectly normal within AE#s rendering logic. If you want more specific advise, you have to provide more detailed information about actual render settings, contents of the project and so on. there's always a chance soem things can be optimized, but don't expect anything miraculous.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines