Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects - Video Importing Issue

Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2018 Mar 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I am an avid user of Adobe After Effects and am what would be classed as an Intermediate user of the software, however I have never come across an error such as this one. After looking around online and only finding people with the issue of, upon importing the video, only receiving a black screen I felt that this was my only alternative, as my issue is much more confusing. When opening up After Effects and creating a new project, then importing any footage whatsoever; dragging it onto the timeline, I am faced with nothing but the same 'New Composition' and 'New Composition From Footage' buttons where the video should be- except unlike before the importation of the video, the buttons do nothing and act as if they are not there.

Thinking it may be just the footage I am trying to import that might be corrupted in some way, I moved over another already rendered Adobe After Effects file from my computer to my laptop and opened it to be faced with the same problem. All of the files were still in the same place and as with my previous attempt the audio from the imported footage still played. I have purged all memory and data as well as uninstalling and reinstalling the program and it has done nothing to help. This confuses me more-so as the Adobe After Effects that I have on my desktop computer does not have this problem and can load the footage and already rendered file perfectly fine.

Untitled.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Mar 11, 2018 Mar 11, 2018

If it's a codec you know should work I'd first try to play it in VLC, if it does you have options.  You can transcode it to something else in Handbrake.  Ae can be surprisingly fussy about what it will open.  Lower "quality" codecs often won't come in.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's a codec you know should work I'd first try to play it in VLC, if it does you have options.  You can transcode it to something else in Handbrake.  Ae can be surprisingly fussy about what it will open.  Lower "quality" codecs often won't come in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, changing the Codec worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines