Copied

1585555735051433302460285864468.jpg

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any explanation on what is going on and things like system info we can't tell you anything. Just showing us screenshots of warnings is not in any way useful when we don't understand what might have led up to it.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Renaming the file works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Rockerface,

Do you still need help with this or did you figure it out?

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @Rameez_Khan It would help to understand the actual issue so that I can avoid it next time.  It seems all i needed to do was rename the file for now.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a known issue. We need to troubleshoot to figure out the actual issue in your case.

-Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I have been experiencing the same issue for the past week or so. I have a specific project that prompt the same error box when i want to opeb it via double clicking on the projet file. It's the only projet that does this. Tried renaming it multiple times, saved it to a diffent drive wtill get the error "this file does not exist". 

weirdly enough I can open it is I go to file-open rencent- then click on the projet it works.

For now it lets me work on the projet that i need to finish soon. My main concern here is that the projet might be corrupted and that there might be a chance to lose everyting.

Please Help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My main concern here is that the projet might be corrupted and that there might be a chance to lose everyting.

Make multiple and frequent backups.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what i'm doing. But this is not a real solution to a problem. I would like to have a better idea  of what can be causing the problem, so to be able to fix it and prevent the problem in the futur.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2022 Apr 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I have the solution for the error "after effects warning project file doesn't exist"

this is the error

Paari_GD_0-1650864377346.png

the simple solution is your file or folders should not have any double space or special characters.

the whole projects folder hierarchy should not have any double space or special characters

Paari_GD_1-1650864401237.png

even if you have a folder with double space, you will get the same error.

look here, my folder has the double space

Paari_GD_2-1650864429102.png

but in after effects, it shows only one space

Paari_GD_3-1650864444584.png

this was the issue.

so whoever gets this issue please make sure that the whole projects folder hierarchy doesn't have any double space or special characters

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much, your solution works great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2022 Sep 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tHANK yOU gOOOD sIR!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the fix, double space it was.  Adobe, fix this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wark's for me as well. Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like magic, it worked. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2023 Jun 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Amazing!  I had the same issue and THAT is the solution. Thanks, Detective!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all! I've encountered this problem a ton and it's ALWAYS because of naming either the project file (or the folder containing it) has double spaces. Often it works when you begin the project but it will eventually cause an error. Double-check that your naming in every part of the file address has no double spaces. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines