Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

After effects was disabled because of an error, but still works?

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I am creating a Godzilla-ish animation but I have a problem with an expression. If my Godzilla steps, I want the buildings to shake a little bit. I used this expression on the position buildings layer:

const t = time;

if(t > 0.8 && t < 1.3) {

wiggle(6,10)

}

Now I get an error saying that there's an undefined value in line 1. But everything works in the animation itself?

Here's a recording:

https://youtu.be/I43-oZfvtRQ

thanks in advance

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
TOPICS
Expressions, FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021
I think you need an else-statement to tell AE what to do, if time isn't between 0.8 and 1.3. Something like: if (time > 0.8 && time < 1.3){    wiggle(6,10);} else {    value;} *Martin

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think you need an else-statement to tell AE what to do, if time isn't between 0.8 and 1.3.

Something like:

if (time > 0.8 && time < 1.3){

wiggle(6,10);

} else {

value;

}

*Martin

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines