• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AFTER EFFECTS WISHLIST

Community Expert ,
Aug 31, 2009 Aug 31, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What features would you like to see implemented in After Effects? New ideas for plugins? Interface changes? Post 'em here!

Let's keep bug identification to individual posts, as these will probably be addressed more readily. Let's use this thread for specific ideas about ways that AE can be improved and expanded.

These Forums are for users, not Adobe employees, so don't forget to also fill in an Adobe feature request form.

To view the Wish List posts prior to September 2009, look here.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 456 Replies 456
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2015 Feb 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would love to be able to open folders in the Project panel as their own dockable panels. Would ideally work exactly like Premiere's bins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 12, 2015 Feb 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And another…

If you import an existing AE project, it gets placed into a folder in your project bin with the same name as the project, including the file suffix. This is a bit daft in itself, but if you then collect the files it gets worse, because you end up with a folder which OS X treats as an After Effects file because it's got the .aep file suffix. The only way to then see what's in that folder in the Finder is to use the Show Package Contents command, which not many people are familiar with. - Filed as a bug report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2015 Feb 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A column in the Project panel that shows if an item is used and, if so, where. Currently can only see this for a single item at the top of the Project panel. Would be very useful to have it as a column, like in Premiere

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 23, 2015 Feb 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Project Window it's nice being able to click on an object to rename it.

It would be EVEN nicer to extend this to function to include the "Media Duration" column to allow quick adjustments to the duration of comps. Rather than "Right Click > Composition Settings > Duration > Ok"

It would also be nice to select a group of comps and set their durations to the same length.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 26, 2015 Feb 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yet another…

I'd like After Effects to not randomly completely lose its mind when I run the Collect Files… command and claim that assets which show as available and in use in the project, suddenly and mysteriously can't be found.

I'd ticket this as a bug but it's been a problem for so damn long now I have to simply assume that no-one on the AE team knows how to program this functionality properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

…or claim that a certain piece of footage can't be opened because it's in an unsupported format. EVEN THOUGH IT'S IN THE PROJECT AND BEING USED WITHOUT A PROBLEM!!! FFS THIS IS CAUSING ME SO MUCH UNNECESSARY GRIEF AND LOST TIME RIGHT NOW.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what it's worth, I've found that if you DON'T. TOUCH. ANYTHING. after clicking collect files it will work without error. As soon as you move the mouse even a pixel, it'll throw an error. Hope that helps. Terrible bug either way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! That's it. I knew I'd heard about something like that when looking up this issue before, but couldn't remember it. Just tested it, and hitting ENTER at the collect dialogue box and then not touching the mouse resulted in a successful collect. Tried it again in the same location while noodling the mouse around, and it failed. Just shockingly sloppy.

But, THANKS for the tip, as I finally managed to get a large job over to a client without losing all of my hair!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad it worked. I wish such a critical feature didn't need such a ridiculous workaround but here we are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2015 Apr 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export to Adobe Edge. An easy way export your time line to use it Edge. Like a PNG sequence with the right code to insert it like a sprite into Edge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2015 Apr 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! This is my Wish List for After Effects :: 40 Requests

Yo hago Motion Graphics / 40 After Effects Requests  THANKS in advance to Kevin from Adobe that show me this foruum thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 21, 2015 May 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) It would be great to expand Shape Layers with their own set of effects. As well as merge, trim, and the repeater (which is flexible if you're patient, but a bit limited) it would be good to have deformers like Bend, Polar/Cartesian, Displacement Map, etc. Yes, you CAN do these using built-in effects, but if you're trying to do anything complicated it becomes really slow and unwieldy (presumably because it's distorting the layer pixel by pixel, rather than treating it as a couple of vertices), plus you're likely to need multiple layers. For character animation this would be tremendously useful, and it'd be nice to have everything in one place and on one layer.

2) Further to that... a really flexible shape layer cloner (like C4D's Cloner object) would be brilliant. Clone shapes/shape groups in a line, radially, onto another shape layer, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2015 Jul 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Layer Styles keyboard shortcut! Or even better, have them magically transfer in as Effects so we can get rid of this altogether

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 18, 2015 Aug 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like the option to have a transparent 'missing frames' display, rather than the multicoloured thing we have now. It could be a simple cross on the frame, or just the frame number that's missing. Would work like this:

missing2.jpg

Reason is I often work to a an animatic/preview, replacing that with footage as it's rendered. Frames coming in from multiple sources aren't sequential, so there's often gaps. It means I'm continually soloing/unsoloing layers just to see the preview under the 'missing frame' screen.

Thanks! C

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw that request on your other thread, Chris, and I like it.

The most effective way to get feature requests to us is here:

http://adobe.ly/feature_request

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like a "passthrough"?

I think so - just transparent enough not to be obtrusive.

Todd_Kopriva wrote:

I saw that request on your other thread, Chris, and I like it.

The most effective way to get feature requests to us is here:

http://adobe.ly/feature_request

On it! I may have requested this before actually - or at least I meant to...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like a "passthrough"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2015 Dec 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish realtime preview in AE CC 2015

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Dec 28, 2015 Dec 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A shortcut for creating shape layers.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2016 Jan 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dynamic referenced After effects files

Example...

Import Translations.aep into master.aep with lots of comps in the translations...

Go back and change Translations and the Master is automatically updated.

Also multiple projects opened at once!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2016 Feb 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sony Vegas has a tool called Color Match. You pick a frame or photo you want to match colors from and it tries its best to emulate them. It is the most awesome tool! Please!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Insectula wrote:

Sony Vegas has a tool called Color Match. You pick a frame or photo you want to match colors from and it tries its best to emulate them. It is the most awesome tool! Please!!

The Adobe mobile app that used to be called Hue (now just part of the Capture app) allows you to do something similar. You snap a picture and create a LUT that you can use in Premiere or AE to color your footage. Is that the kind of thing you mean?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool! Will try it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2016 Mar 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ability to taper strokes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 01, 2016 Jun 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I just wondered why you guys haven't made subfolders like Photoshop? A little organization would help out since assets starts growing in your timeline. 

I found this plugin for AE: Layer Storage - aescripts + aeplugins - aescripts.com

Can you guys do this? Or do I need to buy this plugin???

Best,

Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines