I keep having the issue when I try to render using Adobe Media Encoder that it's stuck on 'Connecting to Dynamic Link Server', which is incredibly frustrating and time wasting. When I do a batch of renders some with randomly work and others will fail, if I leave them open long enough. But all take ages where it used to be much faster. Like instant rendering.
I'm using the latest version of AFX and everything else is up to date. I've cleared my cache, rebooted, etc. Looked through a bunch of older threads and nothing helped so far.
It seems like this is a very common problem, so what is being done to solve it?
I used to have this issue a lot when I was also struggling with OpenGL render. When I switched everything to software render only, this hanging also went away. Might have been a coincidence, but my render issues were largely solved.
It's back. Also having same issue. Again. Since an update around May 2022, Media Encoder was working most of the time. Previous updates have also temporaririly fixed the problem, but that's the longest its worked for me for a few years. But now it seems to back to getting stuck at dynamic link server. Cleared caches in both apps, restarted both apps, tried both hardware and software accelerating (the only difference is hardware accelerated, the progress bar spins and spins, and software, you just get a static progress bar that does anything). 2019 Mac Pro , Radeon Pro Vega 64, AE 22.5, ME 22.2, MAc big sur 11.6.4 (but I've had this same problem for several years, over 5 machines)