Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

an automated motion tracking process

Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2022 Aug 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I wonder: is there any way in After Effects to just create an automated motion tracking process based by an certain image or any element? Currently i’m working on a pdf -> jpegs -> to video in AE

The base pdf is a shop flyer… and I need to make it more dynamic by emphasizing the best deals… in an original flyer those are marked with an exclamation mark icon so I guess that would be a great reference point to link an animation… Just not sure how to create the process with motion tracking: to find all the icons and then apply my animation. Is there any plugin? I’m grateful for any support. Thank you

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 07, 2022 Aug 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not really. That would require a feature-aware tracker that only looks for specific pre-defined patterns such as standardized April Tags or industry standard markers. None of that is available in AE. That aside it simply sounds like a bad approach to begin with and I'm inclined to think the real magic would be in prepping your files rather than trying to look for a magical solution. I'm pretty sure a sliced up PSD with consistent naming conventions and imported as a comp into AE could do wonders when applying an animation preset onto it or letting a script do its work based on the specific layer names. Without actually seeing examples of what needs to be done, though, it will be near impossible to advise on specific solutions.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines