Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animate blurred light leaks?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2024 Jun 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello After Effects community,

I'm reaching out for help in creating and animating a "blurred light leak" effect that is commonly seen in modern designs. I've attempted to make this effect from scratch in After Effects, but I haven't been able to achieve the desired result. I've attached some images of the type of blurred light leaks I'm trying to replicate. I am not sure that "blurred light leak" is the good name for this effect but I have attached pictures below: 
Frame 1171274613.pngFrame 1171274615.pngFrame 1171274616.pngFrame 1171274850.png

Does anyone have any suggestions or tips on how I can create this effect in After Effects? Any guidance or resources would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Valorous Hero , Jun 09, 2024 Jun 09, 2024

Use a Solid and AE's Mask Feather. The feathering will give you the nice soft edges. To add colors, use the 4 Color Gradient or a combination of Fractal Noise + Colorama. And you can animate the Mask Path too. And try out different Blend Modes + Transform > Opacity. 

HTH

Votes

Translate

Translate
Valorous Hero ,
Jun 09, 2024 Jun 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use a Solid and AE's Mask Feather. The feathering will give you the nice soft edges. To add colors, use the 4 Color Gradient or a combination of Fractal Noise + Colorama. And you can animate the Mask Path too. And try out different Blend Modes + Transform > Opacity. 

HTH

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2024 Jun 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your answer it helped me figure out how to make it look how I want! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines