• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animating each character of a text layer, timed by words

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been banging my head against a desk trying to recreate a text template for a client.

In this template a line of words flys in from below (indexed by character), fading up as it goes. It looks similar to the "ramp up" shape in the position animator, except that each word animates at the same pace. Wheras the standard ramp up, understandably picks up pace as it approaches the end of the animation. And the "Square" shape only animates one letter at a time rather than a sliding scale as it moves through the word.

I've attempted to fix this by adding two animations to the text layer, one "square" which animates the movement of the words upwards based on index, keeping the pace of the word animations regular, and then a "ramp up" of the individual characters to create the smooth effect, but because of the ramp the character animations finish before the words have reached their final position. I have the same issue with the opacity animator as the "ramp up" reveals the whole line of text at "Start 0%" 

Is there a way I can achieve the look of the ramp up animation by with a regular pace that is defined by the individual words rather than the whole line, without having to have each word as a separate text layer. I also need to achieve this effect across many lines of text so it needs to be easily repeatable.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, sorry if it doesn't make sense I'm finding it hard to describe and thus hard to google.

TOPICS
Expressions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not sure if this helps but when you add a range selector for controlling a text animation, you have an advanced category. In this category you can change the way the animation occurs. You can change to words. Also, inside the More Options category of the layer text, you have an anchor point grouping parameter where you can channge the position of your anchor point based on characters, words or lines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines