Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Another Invalid Image Buffer Size Error

Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I have a project I've been working on for months that's a combination of kinetic type and probably over 100 image files flying around, and now that I want to render it, I keep getting the following error message: After Effects warning: logged one errror - "error: invalid image buffer size (32212x1084). (37 :: 102)"

I've looked up threads from people with similar problems, but they all seem to be several years old or they're working on a different type of project than I am, so I'm not sure the answer is applicable to my case.  I HAVE been able to gather that it probably has to do with one or more of my image files being too big, but how am I to know which ones?  

I've read that this can happen when an image file is scaled up too big, and when I try to render my project, it always chokes on the same image file, but that image doesn't exceed the resolution size of the project (1920x1080).

I'm using an admittedly old MacBook (2011).  My OS is 10.13.6 Sierra.  I have 8 GB of memory.  My processor is a 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7.  I'm using AE version 17.0.5.  The project is a little over 9 minutes at 29.97 FPS.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your cache size may be already huge. Would you try to do Purge option (Edit > Purge > All Memory & Disk Cache)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. I purged my cache (30.8 GB). I've also turned
off motion blur for all layers, scaled down and even replaced the image
file it keeps choking on, but it still chokes on the same image file. The
error message has changed slightly, though. It used to say (32212x1084).
Now it says (31840x1084).

Thank you, again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue - I'm using the Radio Waves effect, and I'm getting this error when I attempt to change the Producer Point. I'm duplicating this layer, so the effect occurs twice in the same comp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @LB_0123 ,

What's the resolution of the image you're applying the effect on? Also, what are your system specifications (CPU, GPU, RAM, OS)?

Let us know, we're here to help.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi TinyTim2046,

Thanks for reaching out.

Do you have any effect applied to the image? Usually, the Motion Tile effect causes this issue. If yes, try disabling the effect and see if it brings any change.

Let us know.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines