• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any way to export a still WITHOUT the frame number?

Explorer ,
May 07, 2022 May 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do a lot of exporting of frames and it's a chore to have to remove the hour/minute/second/frame from the filename so often. There is an option in the drop down menu next to Output so save only Comp Name. But there's no way to make that the default. And if I queue several images, I cannot select them all and change them all at once. I have to change each one at a time.

Any hints on how to fix this?

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 07, 2022 May 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simply create a render settings/ output module preset and/ or use one of the scripts found at AEScripts.com. that aside it's always handy to have a system tool like Bulk Rename Utility or such handy, which can do such things with a simple right-click based on creating a renaming preset in it.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Making an "Output Module" preset doesn't work to make the "Output to" default to "Comp Name" only. I've tried. Are you saying the only solution is to use a third party script -- that Adobe doesn't have a built-in solution? Even making this "Default" after choosing "Custom..." in the fly out menu doesn't actually make the "Comp Name" stick. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines