• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Apple Mac Studio M2 Ultra 192gb RAM

Participant ,
Aug 10, 2023 Aug 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So after all of the hype about these machines and the incredible amount of RAM than no one could possible need or use. I am constantly running into low memory, run out of memory warming banner. AE will not allow me to allocate any less than 24gb for the system and it's becoming infutiating.  

I've moved form a mac pro with 256gb RAM so this after all of the "apple marketing" turns out this sytems is yet to be a mac pro killer. 

Any advice - or is this also a bit of an adobe bottleneck? I've also spoken to Apple who of course blame it all on adobe. But the fact i cannot upgrade the RAM anymore - seems RIDICULOUS.

Screenshot 2023-08-10 at 16.24.42.pngScreenshot 2023-08-10 at 16.27.28.png 

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel your pain David Jackson. After recently sswitching over to a new M2 machine I've had multiple AE crashes due to low memory as well as a raft of other issues. I haven't had these problems with any software other than After Effects. I do wish they would proritize resolving these issues. It's difficult to justify making a monthly payment for a tool that is so unreliable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

Sorry for your issue.

Could you share the following details so that we can troubleshoot the issue?

• Does it happen with all the projects? Can you open the Activity Monitor and see how much RAM After Effects is using?
  • Check if it happens on a new blank project.
  • Are you using any third-party plug-ins?

Let us know, we're here to help.

Note: Moving this thread from Bugs to Discussions for troubleshooting.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 11, 2023 Aug 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

at some point it's happening in most projects i'm working on.  It obviosuly doesn't do it on a blank project, becase there would be nothing to use the RAM. This is always when i play back, essenmtially just running out of memory. The cache is set to 100gb which every time i purge (and i'm purging alot is full. 

No third party plugins used on the one today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lates issue when coming to render out as an MP4. Driving me bonkers how many issues i'm having since the new m2 Ultra. So far it's not at all professional. It's driving me man frankly.

Screenshot 2023-08-11 at 15.13.16.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

looks like this is a videocopilot issue. I turned off the instances of optical flares, and am managing to get it out. I wonder if those push it over the memory available. but during the render i am getting pretty high 91% Used of 192gb. Screenshot 2023-08-11 at 15.27.30.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last image, AE thinks it's using 82% the System thinks 56% is idle.....

Screenshot 2023-08-11 at 15.30.01.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2023 Aug 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On mac, you better avoid the cheap copilot stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 15, 2023 Aug 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has there been any resolution to this? I am about to pull the trigger on purchasing a new M2 Ultra system for AE and PR work.. this post has me hesitating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 16, 2023 Aug 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no updates yet. I'm underwhelmed with performance. Don't get me wrong AE starts up super fast, but i would trade that any day for these issues/errors to stop. I'm essentially paying for software which either can't or won't use the power of the M2 Ultra. Sometimes wonder if anyone at Adobe actually tries the SW on these systems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 18, 2023 Aug 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

Sorry for the delay.

Could you try the suggestions in the following thread and see if it brings any change: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-bugs/issues-with-premiere-23-5-on-m2-ultra-studio/idc-p/...

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 18, 2023 Aug 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll see if this helps. But I'm also not on a multi-display system. Just have a Pro Display XDR. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2023 Aug 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're investigating this. Could you capture a screenshot of the Activity Monitor (Memory tab) when you get the Low memory warning and share it with us? Also, do you get any other error message or warning related to memory (other than the orange Low Memory band)?

Try changing the project renderer to Software Only in File > Project Settings > Video Rendering and Effects > Use.

Let us know if it makes any difference.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 14, 2023 Sep 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still an issue. Telling me memory is full - check to clear cache which is set to 100gb not full. This is just previewing simple things. AE using a huge amount of RAM. I'm slighly fed up with this - my workflow has hit an all time low with this new system. Unimpressed is an understantement.

Screenshot 2023-09-14 at 13.11.33.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 15, 2023 Sep 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

next issue, the most basic project, a sequence with only text and shapes (7 in total) is throwing this error constantly.Screenshot 2023-09-15 at 11.53.42.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2024 Apr 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi David, sorry to see this ongoing issue you've been having since jumping on to the max studio m2 ultra. I wanted to ask you if this was ever resolved? Are you still using your Mac Studio? Did any updates on AE help or anything else resolve this? Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines