• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Application Error - 0xc0000142

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently installed the latest version of After Effects (Version 23.1) on my laptop (Windows 8).

Everytime I've tried to open it, it keeps coming up with the error message (screenshot attached). Please can you tell me what can I do to solve the issue? I've tried installing earlier versions and each time I opened the application, it's crashed without allowing me to even start editing.

Advice please?

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 14, 2023 Jan 14, 2023

Windows 8 hasn't been supported in eons and even Microsoft will end support for it this year. I believe the last version to support Win 8 was AE 2017 or even earlier. This will never work.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 14, 2023 Jan 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 8 hasn't been supported in eons and even Microsoft will end support for it this year. I believe the last version to support Win 8 was AE 2017 or even earlier. This will never work.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Jon277722752tvf

After Effects requires Windows 10 to run. Check out the minimum system requirements here: https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/after-effects/system-requirements.html#windows 

Thanks,

Rameez 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines