Exit

Audio cuts out for 2sec. everytime i start the preview

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey AE Forum,

i got a question.

Since i updated AE to CC2017 my Audio keeps cutting out for 2 seconds at the beginning.

But when i disable my video in the preview window it works fine.

example:

adobe please fix - YouTube

My Rig:

i7-5820k @4.20Ghz

MSI GTX1070

32GB HyperX Ram

thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What, exact, version number of CC 2017 are you running?

Are you using spacebar to start your preview?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It just says AE CC 2017 i can not download any updated so i think i got the last available version.

Yes im using spacebar. it worked well until i updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help>About After Effects will tell you the full version number.

I'm only asking because there have been a number of people who have had their CC app telling them everything was updated when it wasn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

d69371b71411a4a25ebff931430ae65a.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might be because the frame rate is dropping below realtime, although that shouldn't happen for simple footage playback without effects. To check anyway, open up the "Info" panel, resize it so that the area beneath the horizontal gray bar is visible and then play back your video. Watch if the achieved frame rate drops below the frame rate of your video (it'll turn red if it does).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... and unless somebody's holding a gun to your head to keep you working as fast as you can,  Let the preview cycle a couple of times.  Things typically work out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

even if the preview is full rendered (greenline above the timeline) the audio cuts out. i also checked the info box and my Video plays in realtime.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of audio is it?  Compressed?  There are all kinds of screwy mp3 compressions, most of which give AE occasional fits.  It's always wise to convert them to wav or aiff before using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it doesn`t matter. Also with .wav files the audio cuts out.

i also tried to reinstall AE but that didn´t do anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bischof Design,

Have you tried Preferences > Preview > Mute Audio when Preview is not Real Time?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's a bug ever since CC2015, when Mute audio when preview is not real time is ON (under preferences->Preview) + Hardware acceleration is ON under (preferences->display), you will skip the first 2 seconds of audio as you preview. the solution is turn OFF any of the two.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me! So counterintuitive, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

actually this bug was resolved a few versions ago and then came back the opposite way! if before you needed to uncheck "hardware accleration", now you need to check it ON!  it's a bug and the team is on it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! This had been driving me NUTS recently as I tried to match some audio cues to animation. My life has become a lot easier!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2024 Feb 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Don't know what your believe system is but God bless you or whatever you believe in.
Absolute Legend!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

absolute legend, this has been bugging me for so long!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines