• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto Save - Dynamic Path

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to know if it was possible to setup a custom autosave path per project using variables. For example, instead of saving next to my project file, I'd like to save it in a folder "_AUTOSAVES" that lives next to all the projects files.

Then if I ever change jobs to work in other project file paths, AE will know to automatically create an "_AUTOSAVES" folder and put the files in there.

It seems I can only set a custom location, by choosing an folder that already exists, but I'd like to dynamically create a folder wherever I save my aep.

Hope that makes sense!

TOPICS
How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if that's possible, in AE you have the option to save the file next to your project or in a specific folder, or if you want to let AE autosave in "_AUTOSAVES" simply create that folder and let AE autosave in that folder

Screen Shot 2021-04-30 at 8.16.47 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply. I was worried those were the only two ways. I was hoping to implement the dynamic saves for a larger pipeline in a company so I guess that dream will just have to die - hah.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines