• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto Scroll only works for a part of the video

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 15ish minute video that I've been working on. I made a set of text to auto scroll through the background throughout the video. About 3 mins into the video the text no longer scrolls. When I lower the quality of the preview it keeps working fine but when I exported in AME it still freezes the auto scroll at around 3 mins. I went through the comp (which i made 40 mins since I might use this background for other videos) and i noticed it was frezzing at a different point about 7 mins in. Help.

TOPICS
FAQ , Freeze or hang , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your expressions simply reach their maximum values and then the effects stop. You need to split up the relevant sections into individual segments and/or modify the expressions to reset so they start counting from zero again.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I didn't know that was something I could do. How would I go about that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A simple Ctrl+Shift+D to split the layer will suffice in case of the presets. They have all the necessary code to honor the inpoint as the new start point.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is your video one shot? Is there more than one effect applied that last the entire 15 minutes? Have you considered creating a MOGRT and rendering your long video in Premiere Pro? Premiere Pro rendering is always significantly faster than rendering in After Effects. It is very easy to create an endless scroll or roll MOGRT using this expression for the layer's position:

moveDistance = 6; //pixels per frame 
startTime = time - thisLayer.inPoint;
frameCount = startTime / thisComp.frameDuration;
pixPerFrame = frameCount * moveDistance;

[value[0] - pixPerFrame, value[1]]

This will keep any layer moving from right to left for as long as the layer lasts. It will take a long time to run out of the maximum number because it always adds 6 to the current frame number. I think the current maximum number for Javascript is 64-Bit or 1,152,921,504,606,850,000. That is a lot of frames.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines