• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Automation Blocks - Plugin Dialogs and Popdowns

Participant ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working to get even MORE automated when setting up a comp, I was wondering if Automation Blocks has the ability to get and set files inside of plug ins?

ChooseLUT.png

Alternately, some plugins have dropdowns without channel details. Can AB get or set this type of data? (My guess is no, but I have to ask)

ChooseDropdown.png

If the answer is "no" what do we need to ask for from developers to enable this?

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ae scripting has no access to custom effect controls. It looks like both the file picker and the multi-level dropdowns in your screenshots are such custom effect controls.

Honestly, it is very unlikely that such a feature will come in the future. It would require to change the third party plugins and Adobe's scripting API and Automation Blocks itself.

So you can set the effect properties which are simple dropdown lists or layer choice drop downs, but not those more advanced UI elements, which are fully controlled by the plugins themselves and to whose detailes neither Ae itself nor the scripting API have access to.

I am sorry that I have no better news here...

Mathias Möhl - Developer of tools like BeatEdit and Automation Blocks for Premiere Pro and After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines