• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Best settings for rendering tiktok 1080*1920

Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2021 Oct 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working with a tiktok clip and have the specified format 1080*1920 in my comp.

whats the best settings for rendering this? I use match source and its OK but is this the best?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is one bad thing, I the format looks to narrow, it has empty space on the sides on my ipad. Its strange the clip looks OK othervise but should be wider?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's normal because the iPad screen size is bigger than 1080x1920, but you can't use a different resolution because this is the recommended resolution for TikTok video, anyway the settings you use looks good 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Video formatting for TikTok

• File size: The video should be up to 287.6 MB in size for iOS, or 72 MB on Android. For ads, it can be up to 500 MB.
  • Orientation: TikTok is formatted to be viewed on a smartphone, so vertical video is best, though horizontal is also allowed.
  • Dimensions: TikTok video dimensions should be 1080×1920.
  • Aspect ratio: The aspect ratio should be that of a standard smartphone screen, 9:16. 1:1 is also possible, but it won’t take up the whole screen.
  • File type: TikTok supports .mp4 and .mov files. For ads, it also supports .avi and .gif files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 24, 2021 Oct 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the others have said, 1080x1920 is 100% the correct dimensions to be using. Anything else will look like crap when folks are browsing through videos on TikTok.

There isn't really a lot of guidance out there on the best encoding settings for TikTok. I'd suggest using 2-pass encoding and at least 8Mbps, but going higher probably wouldn't hurt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2021 Oct 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanx everyone! I will try 2-pass encoding. I think it looks OK now, the fact that my ipad is wider then the tiktok format was enlighting.

Great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See my comment below on 2-pass encoding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, two pass encoding is generally not a sound idea for content used on social media platforms.

Most platforms will re-encode the footage, no matter what you throw at them. Even if you adhere to all their specs. In general, these re-encoding processes are tailored for handling large amounts of "hot potatoes" that are passed through the pipeline as quickly as possible.

Two pass encoding means that unfilled spaces in low motion frames are filled to the brim for subsequent frames that have more motion (or changing color values > delta's). Two pass encoding requires more processing power from the decoder to correctly recreate the frames for display and thus works really well on stand-alone playback systems. Social Media re-encoders simply ignore these carefully filled bit reservoirs. The result is that the quality of the re-encode will look poorer than a 1-pass or constant bit-rate encoded file after the re-encoders are done with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2023 Aug 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Logged in just to personally thank you for this advice. Tried it myself. 30mbps CBR had better quality than 15-20 VBR 2-pass, post upload on instagram and Tik Tok. Compared them to videos I've already uploaded in the past with VBR2. Thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the encoding advice! It is hard to create videos for this social media because it has an unusual way of processing videos, and you never know how good they will look. The best advice I can give everyone working with TikTok content-making is to get an iPhone. TikTok is much better compatible with iPhone video codecs. Therefore, videos filmed using an iPhone look better on this platform.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great question. When rendering TikTok videos, it's best to stick to the specified format of 1080*1920 to maintain the highest quality. Matching the source is a good start, but you could try experimenting with different encoding settings to see if there are any improvements. Just keep in mind rendering speed and file size may be affected. You may want to save TikTok videos to your device. In that case, you can use a TikTok video downloader like sstiktok to quickly download and keep the original quality intact. I'm sure you will be able to find the best settings for you, and I wish you good luck with that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2023 May 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone having a better option for rendering?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2023 May 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firstly, make sure your bitrate is set to a higher value, around 10-12 Mbps, as it helps maintain the clarity of the video. Additionally, selecting the H.264 codec with a constant frame rate of 30fps usually yields great results. Oh, and don't forget to enable multi-pass encoding for smoother playback! By the way, recently I stumbled upon this helpful article about the best hashtags for TikTok. It really boosted my views because it provided insights on using relevant and trending hashtags that helped increase my video's visibility. Give it a read, it might do wonders for your TikTok content too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines