• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Best time saving tools for After Effects: Quick Menu? Mobar? Others?

Enthusiast ,
Apr 30, 2022 Apr 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking for an After Effects plugin that would allow me to not just call up any effect without digging through menus, but one that can put effects like "Trim Path" in the Effect Controls window without having to twiddle open so many levels. I know that Mobar can do this, but it's $59. Does anyone know if Quick Menu or any other AE third-party time-saving tool can do this?

My reason for asking is that although Quick Menu is free, I don't believe it can do what Mobar can - put effects like Trim paths in the Effect Controls window which is a huge time saver. Just wondering if there might be some less expensive alternatives to Mobar.  Thank you in advance for any suggestions.   

TOPICS
How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2022 Apr 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Video Copilot's VFX Console and the Search bar in the timeline. Trim Path is only available using the Add button on a shape layer, but if you have already added it to a shape all you have to do to bring it up is type 'trim' in the search bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 01, 2022 May 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your help Rick. Unfortunately that tool no longer works for me. After the latest Mac OS update, it I keep getting this message whenever i try to launch VFX Console in After Effects:

Screen Shot 2022-05-01 at 12.15.55 PM.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

VFX console only runs when you run AE using Rosetta. More than half of my 3rd party effects are still not M1 compatible (Universal). You can change that using the Info panel in Finder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks again Rick. But if I run AE in Intel mode in order to use VFX Console am I not then going back a generation with respect to AE? I've noticed that AE is much faster and more responsive since it's latest update. Now that it's fully compatible with M1 Max, AE opens nearly instantly for me and never crashes. If I open AE in Intel mode, wouldn't I lose that benefit?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines