Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Black screen all projects AE

Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, and i am at an end here.
I read many artikles on "the black screen" but to no evale. All my projects now render BLACK.

Info.
Letast version of EA en OS
CPU is fine, no 3rd party install.

Used 3D layer but i think thats fine, no probs earlyer. Tryed quicktime alfa's + rgb. Didn't work, accually non of the alfa renders worked.

Nothing was wrong after using Alfa channels for a render. Now all i get is BLACK. Like i said, also the ones that aren't rendered as Alfa.

i'm on a deadline. Think i am. 😉

Help!

TOPICS
Dynamic link , Error or problem , How to , Import and export , Performance , Preview , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Hi Shivering Cactus, here we are again with grand news on the problem. It's fixed. After 10 hours of dealing with this and keeping calm 😉 Adobe fixed it with an savety and privacy acces in the system. That was all due to a system update yesterdag. Done. And who ever knew.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Black Screens for me happen when the graphics card has crashed.  Nothing fixes it except restarting.

If you've tried that, see what happens if you go to File > Project settings and switch to software only.

Next, it's possible you've accidentally created a Region of Interest (a small section of the comp window which is the only area which updates.  Failing all that, can you post a screenshot showing your entire window.  Just in case there's a solo switch or something else 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.
I have restarted menny times also cleaning pram. Raised the memorie and emptyed Cash. Made a couple of smal tryouts that failed. Checking everything..... I will sent a result of one of those tryouts.
Thanks again.

[video]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Schermafbeelding 2022-11-10 om 15.14.38.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That video is helpful as is the comp window.  I see you're using a lot of 3D layers and in the video half of shot would disappear.  Is there any chance you have several layers occupying the same 3D space - this flickering might be caused by one layer "jumping" infront of another.  Setting them back by a pixel or two might solve this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can try that. Use the 3D to a minimum. Might work.
Let you know. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Schermafbeelding 2022-11-10 om 15.23.03.png

Use it for making a complet cirkle for all the 9 picto's and there blue versions to apear on 0Ëš. Why do all new projects have it now too. It just will not dissapear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also tried to export it as a mp4 footage and use it in the big frame and then the trouble started. So. I can't go for or backwards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The screenshot is not part of the video i have to add. The video is a test called tsssst haha. Showing what you get even with a new project. Rendering the screenshot project just gifs a black screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a really odd problem you're having.  I've turned to the search forums option to see if I can help you solve this:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-discussions/macbook-pro-16-quot-screen-goes-completely-...

Could your Mac Book be switching Graphics Cards automatically?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think so. Everything els works graphicly just fine. I even reinstalled AE to no avale. It may be a hardware problem but how can i be sure??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ShiveringCactus,
Thanx a million for the help. I have been looking for contact with Adobe but there hiding well……
Can you direct me in any way, it would be much appreciated.
Tanks again for the help. I have waisted an entire day on this problem.
Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/support/after-effects.html

Near the bottom of the screen there is a Contact Us button.  I beleive it takes you to live chat.  You might have to wait a little, but their support is excellent - they've bailed me out of issues a couple of times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found it and thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shivering Cactus, here we are again with grand news on the problem. It's fixed. After 10 hours of dealing with this and keeping calm 😉 Adobe fixed it with an savety and privacy acces in the system. That was all due to a system update yesterdag. Done. And who ever knew.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great news!  Thanks for letting me know too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If they do solve the problem, please come back to this thread and post the steps involved so that the next person who has the same issue can get it resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sorry to bother you again Shivering Cactus but it's still not OK. Only thing i'm getting is black sreen again and i didn't change anything. You have to give me permission to call i am very done with this after 10 hours yesterday. Please help me i can not handel another day like yesterday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Schermafbeelding 2022-11-11 om 14.15.05.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does your preview window in After Effects also appear black?   Does any other video play?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines