• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bluetooth Headphones don't work with After Effects CS6

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2018 Aug 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, so, to let's pre-face this with the situation of my laptop's built in speakers.

About 4 years ago, my headphone plug got jammed and snapped in my laptop, so there is a small bit of an earphone jack inside the jack port. This disabled my built-in digital output, assumedly because the computer thought I always had my earphones plugged in. So, I've been going audioless for 4 years and using school computer for all my projects involving audio.

Fast-forward to today: my built-in output still won't work, but I got the idea of using Bluetooth headphones and BAM! They work! With everything except After Effects...

Yeah, when I try to use them in After Effects, I get nothing.

I did try changing the audio hardware by selecting my headphones...

Screen Shot 2018-08-09 at 6.51.16 PM.png

But it doesn't work because once I try to use the RAM preview, it gives me this...

Screen Shot 2018-08-10 at 9.04.18 AM.png

I have a Macbook Pro OS X Version 10.7.5
I am using After Effects CS6 and Skullcandy Hesh 2 wireless bluetooth headphones
When I am using them, I am sure to have the outout and sound effect default as my headphones.

So, what do I do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2018 Aug 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be a compatibility issue with the older version of AE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this issue, I have a new imac 2019, and a current version of after effects, and my bluetooth headphones also do not work with after effects.

Would be great if there was a way to fix this issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here with JBL Bluetooth headphones - After Effects is the only app to do this. 

Toby from Shape
https://shapecreative.co.nz/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried doing this. First i changed the speaker to my headphones. You can open this page from edit>preferences>audio hardware. After changing it to your headset, make sure to press OK button or else it won't work. (btw the warning didn't pop-up for me)I am using AE 2019. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines