• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

BootStrap tooltip always gets cutoff by CEP Panel

Explorer ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently I have been working on developing an extension for After Effects. And I want to add some tooltips for my buttons.From this post, I found that the default title attribute not working on macOS, right?

So I used bootstrap to make the tooltip. It looks nice but the problem is that the tooltip always gets cut off by the panel.

cutoff.png

I have to resize my panel to make it not cutoff:

tooltip.png

I set the tooltip container to the body element. And I tried changing it to Window or html element, still the same. And I inserted my code for tooltip here:

$(function () {
        $('[data-toggle="tooltip"]').tooltip({ container: 'body' });
    });
    $('.btn').each(function () {
        $(this).tooltip({
            title: strings.toolTip[$(this).attr('id')],//hooked up my own json data
            placement: 'auto'
        });
    });

I want to make the tooltip extend beyond the border of panel, like the title attribute.

title.png

Is there any magic way to make this happen? Any help will be appreciated!

TOPICS
Scripting , SDK , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To the best of my knowledge, tooltips will always get cut-off by the panel. Same applies from dopdown menus as well. No matter what framework you use (bootstrap or not), if the element does not fit in the panel, it will simply get cut-off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Tom! Think I'll have to  use title attribute/element now. One drawback of title is you cannot style it. A pity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines