Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

both the text composition and the video take the same 3D perspective

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2023 Jul 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I disable this??????????

I have a composition called "Text" and nested as a layer in the main composition, when I activate the "3D Layer" casing to the "Text" layer and to a video that is in the main composition, both the text composition and the video take the same 3D perspective that I give only to one and I don't want it to be like that.

Luis31065365cuey_0-1689273707944.png

Luis31065365cuey_1-1689273796081.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 13, 2023 Jul 13, 2023

In your video, you're using the 3D camera tool to adjust the perspective of the text layer, instead of independently adjusting the rotation of the text layer.

The camera tools adjust the viewer's perspective, not the layer's position and rotation.  So when you make your second layer 3D as well, it's being viewed from the same camera angle and matches the perspective of the text.  Think of it like a real world camera.  When you move the camera, the perspective of everything in the world changes

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to dig into the User Guide and learn about 3D compositions.

Here are the basics. 

Organizing layers in AE's 3D space is like organizing props on a stage. 

Only the Active Camera view will render, but Custom Views, Top, Left, Right, and the other views can help you set up your stage.

Perspective is controlled by camera position and framing by focal length. If you want a lot of parallax and steep vanishing lines, put your layers close to the camera and set them at an angle. If you want a flatter perspective, move the layers farther away from the camera. Adjust the focal length to fine-tune the framing you want after you get the perspective you want. That's how you set things up when you shoot the real world with a camera. That's how it works in After Effects.

If you pre-compose a 3D layer, keep the Pre-comp (the nested comp) 2D and turn on Collapse transformations. That will let the Main Comp camera and all the lights interact correctly with the pre-composed layer. Making a nested comp with 3D layers inside it 3D and not collapsing transformations will foul up the perspective and placement of the layer.

Getting familiar with AE's 3D workflow takes a while, so be patient. Most of the 3D comp problems I help solve on the forum come from users that have not spent a few hours with the User Guide figuring out how the UI works and fiddling with the AE Camera, lights, and 3D layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using CS6 for years, I'm not an expert or anything, but now that I reinstalled After Effects 2022 22.4.0, this function only slows me down and complicates the simple fact of giving 3D perspectives to compositions and elements (visual files, video, images. .). I already had AE 22.4 installed and I've done more complicated projects that also use Basic 3D and this feature hadn't appeared and wasn't a bother.

In the video you can clearly see how I create both compositions, I place one inside the other and apply a basic 3D perspective, wanting to apply basic 3D to the file called "Video", it takes the same perspective as the "Text" composition. as i never told him to do it like this, i want each element from different perspective.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In your video, you're using the 3D camera tool to adjust the perspective of the text layer, instead of independently adjusting the rotation of the text layer.

The camera tools adjust the viewer's perspective, not the layer's position and rotation.  So when you make your second layer 3D as well, it's being viewed from the same camera angle and matches the perspective of the text.  Think of it like a real world camera.  When you move the camera, the perspective of everything in the world changes.

You should be using the position and rotation parameters of the individual layers to achieve independent control of each layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines