Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bounding box size increase in after effects

Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone.

I'd like to please ask if it is possible to increase the size of a bounding box in after effects. Say for example i've imported something from illustrator, but the artboard size is small. Can i then increase the size of the bounding box around the object in after effects? I tried using a new composition, i don't know if i was doing it wrong but the long shadow i am trying to create still cuts off in the area of the original bounding box.

Thank you.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

For a convincing long shadow effect the composition would have to be the size of the actual main comp or even bigger. Other than pre-composing to a suitable size your only other option would be the Grow Bounds effect, but that caps of at some point and thus may not at all be sufficient to expand the boundaries.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be pretty simple to just open illustrator and increase the artboard size, and update the file in AE no?

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. It is one of countless layers. It would affect everything else whose animation is already completed in Ae.

Thank you for your response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a convincing long shadow effect the composition would have to be the size of the actual main comp or even bigger. Other than pre-composing to a suitable size your only other option would be the Grow Bounds effect, but that caps of at some point and thus may not at all be sufficient to expand the boundaries.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I understand. I appreciate it, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines