Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

C4D materials not appearing in my AE file

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

For some reason, when I'm using C4D Lite with After Effects, my materials aren't appearing in my AE file. I've checked that live link is enabled. It also isn't showing up when I render out from AE. Any idea how to fix this problem? Screen shots below. Screen Shot 2022-04-15 at 6.06.38 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-04-15 at 6.10.35 PM.png

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you actually switched to the output renderer instead of "Viewport". You also don't have any actual camera object in your scene. that alone might alreeady help. That aside there appear to be a number of bugs with this and animating the UV offset on a texture as you seem to be doing may further exacerbate the issue. Either way, I'd start by checking the C4D global scene and render settings, including their GPU acceleration stuff, and make sure everything matches in the Cineware settings as well.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Mylenium, thanks so much for your reply. I changed the viewport to current and added a camera, made sure everything was matching, but I'm still not getting the view in AE. The strange thing is that I've done this exact exercise before successfully; it seems that just now it no longer works (even in previous files that haven't been changed). I'm getting a popup that says "Communication error, Cinema 4D failed to acknowledge the connection." I've checked my comp settings to make sure that the 3D renderer was set to Cinema 4D, so I'm not sure how to fix the connection issue. Any thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fair enough. if it's connection issues, the usual steps apply: Check your firewall and system network settings for any blockages, turn off security tools that my interfere with the connection. also there was a bug in the initial AE 22 release, so check that you have applied all updates in the CC app and C4D as well.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2023 Apr 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds like a bug. I think that the CINEWARE renderer is somehow not getting the right path to the texture.

In C4D, File > Save Project with Assets. This will copy the texture out of the .lib4d bundle and save it alongside a new C4D file in a tex folder. Bring the new C4D file into Ae and CINEWARE should see the texture fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2024 Mar 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I still have issues when doing this unfortunately. It seems to work once, but if you reopen the project it won't show textures again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines