Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't apply easy ease to puppet pin tool keyframes

Explorer ,
Feb 15, 2020 Feb 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

For some reason, the keyframes appear round rather than diamond shaped as usual and I can't select them and therefore apply any effect to them. No idea why it's like this. Help much appreciated.

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Feb 15, 2020 Feb 15, 2020

I think what you are looking at here are not the actual keyframes...  I think you're looking at 'keyframe indicators' telling you there are keyframes within the property group that you're looking at.  That's why you can't select them. Are these dots on a line that has a ">" at the before the name?  That's a property group. Keep hittng that ">" to twirl it open - repeat until you see the Position value for an individual puppet pin. Are you now seeing your expected diamond (linear) keyframes?

PS

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Round keys indicate "Rove across time", a.k.a. constant speed keyframes. Disable that option and they will revert back to regular keyframes.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I browsed for a bit, but I can't find this option anywhere. I never intentionally turned it on anywhere anyway. Could you give some indication where to find it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think what you are looking at here are not the actual keyframes...  I think you're looking at 'keyframe indicators' telling you there are keyframes within the property group that you're looking at.  That's why you can't select them. Are these dots on a line that has a ">" at the before the name?  That's a property group. Keep hittng that ">" to twirl it open - repeat until you see the Position value for an individual puppet pin. Are you now seeing your expected diamond (linear) keyframes?

PS: Mylenium is also right is saying that 'Roving' keyframes have an identical small round dot icon - but my guess is that is not what you're looking at here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2020 Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mike, you were exactly right. I feel a little stupid for not looking further, but thanks anyway 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No problem!  It's very easy to get tripped up by the Ae interface 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines