• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't read white text on a darker background as is the after effects interface HELP?

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's simple I'm thinking of getting into video editing but I have a problem reading white text on darker background is THERE any way to change the color of after effect's interface text?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

No. this is what we have. Premiere is the same also.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried this already, this only makes the interface slightly lighter but what I'm looking for is to change the default text of after effects from white to black is there anyway to do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. this is what we have. Premiere is the same also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2019 Jul 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sucks! It is the only thing in my entire "All Apps" suite that I dislike. In my environment, it makes working with the products difficult and error-prone. Please feed this back to the powers-that-be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 25, 2019 Jul 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bettie_xo  wrote

Please feed this back to the powers-that-be.

I have five whole American bucks that say it would be promptly ignored.

I have absolutely no clue why Adobe abandoned its light-colored user interface used in Days Of Yore.

I mean, just take a look at this web site -- the backgrounds are all white or close to it!  Is anyone having any problems reading anything?  Can I see some hands?  ANYBODY????

I rest my case.  Dark user interfaces suck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2023 Jun 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree totally! I'm 59 and have issues with my eyes and I cannot read white text on a black background for more than a few minutes.  I've been searching and searching for a video editor with a white workspace. WTH?!  It would be nice if you could change it if you wanted to.  I've always read website creation 101 - don't use a black background because it's hard to read. I get that the programs are geared towards teenagers, but damn isn't there one for middle aged people that make videos?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines