• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't save After Effects project file

Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been happening to me since I got my new M1 Macbook. I can't save, save as, it's not autosaving (even though it's set up to), save isn't greyed out, if I quit it'll ask me if I want to save and even when I click yes it's gone forever. I've allowed Full Disk Access through system preferences, but it's still playing up. Nothing I try is working.

MacOs Monterey (12.4)

Macbook Pro 16-inch 2021 M1 Max 64GB

After Effects 2022 (22.5)

This is wasting an awful lot of my time and I can't do any work on this expensive software on an expensive computer! Thinking about going back to my 2014 Macbook lol. Please help!

TIA 🙂 

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Hi all, 

This issue has been fixed in After Effects 22.6. 

After Effects 22.6 is now live!

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lots of Mac issues recently. Check if you have auto saved it, and if you haven't, enable it and wait for it to auto-save. Then at least you have a copy of your file so you can close AE and thoroughly troubleshoot.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-discussions/after-effects-2021-can-t-save-my-project-fi...

~Jake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it doesn't autosave. And I've been through all of the forum posts on the same topic including the one you posted above, and there seems to be no solution found yet, just suggestions which don't work for everyone. So I thought I'd post my own to try and get it seen by somebody who works at Adobe. How on earth is there no way to contact customer service for this subscription we're paying through the nose for? It's madness. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Twitter seems to be the best way to get a quicker reply at the moment, just FYI for anybody else.@adobecare

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uhh you can contact customer service... just go down at the bottom and click Contact now on the support page.

https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

If you want to do a remote screen share you can ask them for that.

Adobe also has a phone number but not sure if it works (800) 833-6687

~Jake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ooh what do you click? I can't find it. I'm based in the UK. Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well here's the support page https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/support.html

You might not be able to call them, but you can easily get in touch with a support employee from Adobe. Just go through the steps the virtual assistant tells you about. Hope that helps!

~Jake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jo22769096yf73,

Sorry for your issue and thanks for creating the thread.

Were you able to contact support? Did you find a solution?

We're still instigating this issue. Here are a few things to try:

1. Sign in to the Creative Cloud desktop app with a different email id and try to run  After Effects. It may ask you to start the trial (if email id doesn't have and active subscription), the trial version is fine for testing.
  2. Enable the root user account and test After Effects in it.

As you mentioned, these are just suggestions. Let us know the outcome.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, 

This issue has been fixed in After Effects 22.6. 

After Effects 22.6 is now live!

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's still happening on 23.0 on my MacMini M1 (12.6 Monterey). Can't save or choose export directory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines