• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot Create CTRL+Arrow Keyboard Shortcut for Go Back/Forward 1 Frame

Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a windows keyboard with a Mac, and would like my AE shortcuts to match windows, specifically for nudging the playhead and keyframes by one frame.

On my keyboard Alt=CMD, Windows Key = Option (and Ctrl is Ctrl). 

I want to change:

Go Back/Forward 1 Frame from CMD + Arrow to CTRL + Arrow

Shift Selected Keyframes 1 Frame from Option + Arrow to CMD + Arrow

I can change the Shift Selected Keyframes to CMD + Arrow without issue.

The problem is with Go Back/Forward 1 Frame. When I delete the current shortcut and create a new box, AE does not let me type in a CTRL + Arrow combo. Nothing appears in the box. 

I can create shortcuts with Option+Arrow and CMD+Arrow. But for some reason AE doesn't allow me to create keyboard shortcut combos with CTRL and arrow keys. Any ideas on why this could be? Thanks! 

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Check your settings for the Mac keyboard system control. You may need to switch around the modifier keys there.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your settings for the Mac keyboard system control. You may need to switch around the modifier keys there.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. I've been using a switched setup between my command and option keys to more closely match the windows layout. In my current setup, the windows key is option and the alt key is command (mac normally assigns those oppositely), but the CTRL key hasn't been changed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update: I found your answer to this user's question and determined it was my mission control keyboard shortcuts. 

Move left/right a space was using CTRL + Arrow. Once I unchecked, AE let me use this combo for the shortcut. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines