• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cant drag layers in after effects

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2019 Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi im not able to drag layers in the composition/project panel. first it was working fine but suddenly it wasnt working. im already trying to fix this for 1 hour pls help 😕

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Oct 08, 2019 Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you restarted your computer?

Can you drag files on your desktop?

Is the correct tool selected?

Are layers in composition view locked?

Make a screencap of the issue please, there are too many possibilites of what went wrong.

*Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2022 Nov 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thats pretty unhelpful just saying

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2022 Nov 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming that you have not updated mouse drivers or changed your settings, try the following:

Make sure you have the selection tool active (v). If changing tools does not help, try a Reboot first, then try trashing your preferences by holding down Shift + Alt/Option + Ctrl/Cmnd when you launch AE and select "Yes" or open the General tab in preferences by pressing Alt/Option + Ctrl/Cmnd + ;

Browse to the Preferences file using the link at the bottom of the page, rename it, then relaunch AE.

If none of that helps, go to the Creative Cloud app and uninstall and re-install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2023 Sep 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem, this helped: Set the working Space to "Default".

Strange feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2024 Feb 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That worked for me as well.  I always create my own workspaces and i think it must have got confused.  I reset to default then went back to my customized workspace and all was well.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines