• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cant find after effects autosave folder

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2019 Jan 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help! I recently have been working on a lot of after effects projects. Every time it crashes and then i have to open my most recent autosave. Now when it crashes and I need my autosave folder, its not there where it should be. Can someone help me?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

Edit/Preferences/Autosave

1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

You can find the same folder in which you have saved your project files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to preference and check if you set some custom location

Screen Shot 2019-01-21 at 12.57.10 PM.png

anyway if you's sure there are a auto saved version from your project and you didn't know where it is, try to search your PC for .aep file and arrange by date

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ToolFarmJP is correct if you have not changed the default Auto-save preferences of After Effects. Go to Preferences > Auto Save & check the settings. Refer screenshot below for default settings -

Screenshot 2019-01-21 at 4.29.35 PM.png

Important Note: If you have never saved your project... it will not Auto-save. Make sure to save a new project so that Auto Save saves the project as per the settings defined in Auto-save Preferences.

Vishu Aggarwal
Adobe Certified Instructor, Professional and Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm... I am a big noob at AE so can you tell me where preferences are? xD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit/Preferences/Autosave

1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2019 Jan 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It worked! Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add to what guys before me said if you have AE auto save turned on - forget about saving to often  (ctrl+S). In my case it is automatic in most of programs - when I'm working I'm trying to save as often as I can (that's probably because of working long time ago on really unstable old computer and os (windows 95 and 133mhz cpu ) ). And in AE time to next auto save is always counted from last save (does not matter if it is save or auto save) so f. eg. if you have set your autosave to 20 minute but you are saving (ctrl+S) your projecy by hand every 10 min - AE will never be triered to autosave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines