• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cant select last letter in a line of text - After Effects v 22.1.x and v22.x

Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have an issue in AE where if I click and drag on a line of text it wont let me select the last letter, this happens if I click and drag left, or right. I have no idea what is causing this.

I thought it was the GPU - I have an Zotac RTX3080 I swapped it out for an RTX 3070 and am still having the same issue. I uninstalled AE Juice as that seems to cause random problems with AE now, and am struggling to figure out what may be causing this.

I have a Core i9 10920x an Asus Rog X299E mother board, 64gb of Ram DDR 3600 (XMP is on) and the Zotac RTX 3080 - I have updated graphics drivers and still no luck.

I was running two 4K monitors, and have unplugged on thinking that maybe that was an issue, but no luck.

Please help. I am losing my mind with this problem.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Hi all, 

After Effects 23.0, released a few hours ago, has fixed this issue. 

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 131 Replies 131
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@schnudiesounds

I fixed it in 23.0 Took some weeks to sort out on my part.

Any update contains some amount of risk due to other things changing in the product for good or ill to your particular workflow.

You will need to make your own descision about how annoying this problem is vs the risk of change - the selection problem WAS pretty annoying imho, certainly enough to you to be posting in the community about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

:-))) right. In the middle of a project it's kind of russian roulette, but i agree: no progress without updating. Just hoped that there is an answer that it got worse. I know this issue, but it could be handled by multiple clicks before. Thank you for your time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@schnudiesounds 

It's worth being cautious about upgrading.

Make sure that you have "Remove old versions" disabled in Creative Cloud Desktop and you can have AE22 and AE23 installed at the same time.  When you save your AE23 project, add something to the project file name that makes it easy to distinguish from AE22 (like "_ae23").  After working for awhile in AE23 you find tbat yoi want to go back to AE22, use File > Save As > Save a Copy As 22.x.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this for 15 years now 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2023 Jun 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Place your cursor on the text line you want to highlight. Hold shift and arrow left or right to highlight each individual letter. It's a workaround but it's my current solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2024 Apr 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have  the same problem in 2024, 2.24 Version. Super annoying!.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2024 Apr 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So do I,  2024.3 (Build 50) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines