• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC Particle World - Origin and 3D Camera tracker strange issue

Community Expert ,
Sep 22, 2024 Sep 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now here's a puzzle I'm curious about and maybe it's just pushing the limits of the effect too far.

I was playing around with CC Particle World and footage of a woman dancing.  I'd roto-brushed the figure and used CC Particle World's Color Map's Origin Constant setting.  This produces a cute effect, similar to Particle Systems II's but in 3D space.

The footage is from Pexels and the camera is moving, so I added a camera tracker.  This is where it gets odd.  Without the 3D camera, the particles appear on the figure.  With the 3D camera, they are displaced and small in frame.  Using Workbench's Normalize Track script to reduce the tracking distances, the particles emit at the correct size of emitter, but are still not on the figure.

It's not that big a deal, but the overall effect looks better when a floor is added, as it makes the particles look like they are in real space more.

No camera:

No Camera.png

With Camera:

With camera.png

With normalized script and camera:

With camera - normalised.png

Original footage visible:

OG footage tracked.png

Normalised but Origin off ( a similar issue occurs without normalising the tracking data)

Normalised and origin off.png

(I can't replicate again, but yesterday when trying this, I ended up with mini figures reflecting(?) on the particle layer.)

I think Particular can do this, but as I make tutorials, I try to force myself to not promote pay-for solutions.  My feeling is if you are a watching a tutorial because you need to learn how to do something, then you probably don't have the resources to spend even more money.

I've used CC Particle World with a 3D cameras loads of times, but I'm not sure if I've ever used it with a 3D Tracker Camera.  Missing from my screenshots is that these were in Advanced 3D, but I've also tried with the other 3D renderers.

So that's the head scratcher.  Any ideas?  

(AE 24.6.2 on Windows 11)

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you applied Normalize Track to the camera tracker before applying CC Particle World? CC Particle World will expect the camera's origin to point to the comp center instead of 0, 0, 0, as it does when you run Camera Tracker.

Normalize Track - Workbench

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying.  Unfortunately trying that approach didn't work.  Removing Normalize Track from the workflow, so setting a ground plane and origin, creating a camera then applying CC Particle World results in the reflected mini-figures I mentioned earlier:

track first then add particles.png

Running Normalize track then adding CC Particle World returns the same issue:
track normalise then add particles.png

You must be right about the camera origin being connected somehow.  I wonder if I can figure out an expression to move one to the other?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll just add I went right back to the start, did everything, applying CC Particle World last in a new comp and the same result, although when not using the origin setting for color map, the particles are at least in the right 3D space for the tracker camera. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 26, 2024 Sep 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I forgot that CC Particle World does not use the comp camera, and I cannot figure out how to change the emitter position, which is based on a percentage of the width with the comp center being zero, and the camera position and orientation, which constantly change, when you use the Camera Tracker.

The math may be possible if you could convert the One-node camera to the Two-node camera, but that doesn't work because the point of interest never changes. 

You'll have to use a particle system that uses the comp camera and then normalize the camera track.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines