• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Certain Effects Causing Crashes

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2022 Jul 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Some of my BCC effects make After Effects crash immediately when I apply them to clips. Most of the effects work, but others don't, such as BCC damaged TV and BCC vignette. I've had this problem ever since I got the BCC plugin about a year and a half ago. I've tried clearing my disk and media cache and updating my computer, but nothing has worked so far. When After Effects crashes, it says that the last log message was: <80698> <TimeNeedle> <3> CTLOutlinePano TimeNeedle_ScrubRebuildOffscreen drawing, frame=532,0,888,164. Please help!

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

Sorry about the crash. Which OS do you have? Could you check if crash reports are saved? https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-discussions/faq-how-to-find-after-effects-crash-logs-on...

Let us know.

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have macOS Monterey (version 12.4). Before that, I had macOS Catalina, and After Effects was crashing, so I updated it, but it didn't work. I checked and unfortunately, the crash reports are not saved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the details. Let us know if updating OS helps in resolving errors.

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your hardware configuration is not up to snuff and the effects can't use their own hardware acceleration functions properly, which has nothing to do with AE's own stuff. You need to spend soem time updating your graphics driver and straightening out its settings.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to the Borris Effects website, log into your account, then find the application manager and download it. It will show you everything that needs to be updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I update my graphics driver?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The procedure for updating graphics drivers on Windows machines may be slightly different from one GPU to another, but your system help should get you there. On a newer Mac, the only updates come from the OS updates because everything is included. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay. I have a 2015 MacBook Air. Will the updates for graphics drivers be included with the OS updates on this computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe the Macbook AIR only has Intel Graphics. Intel Graphics does not do any GPU acceleration. The drivers are always included in any OS updates. I have not seen separate driver updates for a Mac in a long, long time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update your apps. Make sure you use the Boris Effects Application Manager. There have been several updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines