• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

charCode() expression Cheat Sheet?

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i see that many of the AE charCodes match ASCII code but some are totally different.

i'm making a Mogrt that uses charCode to read a Source text in one comp that then to make layers in another comp turn there opacity to 100 if the index matches the charCode.

So i have it all sorted i just wonder if there is a reference list of key strokes and the cooresponding decimal number generated by charCode

something like the below link but not all of these match AE. For example Apostrophe Key is 39 in ASCII and 8216 in AE expression charCode

https://www.extron.com/product/files/helpfiles/GC3/View_ASCII_Chart.htm

TOPICS
Expressions , Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

charCode() returns Unicode, and not ASCII.

*Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Either way the Apostrophe in unicode isn't 8219

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

89 is Straight single apostrophe, and 8216 is Opening single apostrophe - the later being a rich text thingy, a smark quote.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. So there are a bunch of characters that i suppose default to the rich text. The curly quotes being the craziest discrepancy in numerical range. I guess i just need to go through them all and see whats what. Unless there is some way to make it default to the ASCII ones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines